What to bring to Herofest LARP
Why have a list of things to bring to LARP?
Many people, both those first starting at LARP and experienced people like to have a list of things to bring to each event. Below is the compilation of answers when the Herofest players have been asked “What should I bring?” on the Facebook Group.
Always remember, before anything else however:
Have directions to the event!
- Tent, camping equipment.
- Mallet and rock pegs for hard ground.
- Sleeping kit such as sleeping bag and roll mat.
- An air bed is always useful, but if you bring one remember the pump and batteries for it!
- Spare dry clothes and spare socks.
- Wash kit, towel, wet wipes.
- Warm clothes/hat/hot water bottle for colder nights.
- A camping chair or similar.
- Torch and spare batteries.
- Bin bags for recycling and non-burnable rubbish.
- A cardboard box or similar for burnable rubbish.
- Sun tan lotion and insect repellent.
- Toilet roll.
- Character costume, and spare costume (in case of rain).
- Character name, skills and background if you have one.
- Belt (at least one).
- Boots, spare boots, and good socks.
- Weapons (including a spare).
- Candles/lantern or similar in-game lights for night time.
- In character bag, pouches.
- In character drinking vessel such as a tankard or can holder.
- Some in character bandages (even if not a healer, handy to have on you).
- Face paints and accessories for character.
- If you are a non-combatant, bring a large, white sash to wear throughout the event.
Cooking gear (if self catering)
- Cooker, pans, cutlery, crockery.
- Washing up liquid, tea towels
- Water bottle. (a bottle of frozen water is also handy to keep cooler longer).
- Pencil & paper.
- Firepit wood and kindling/firelighters (Firepits are provided by Huntley Wood)
- Cash for bar and stalls.